1.19.2007

a very blustery day indeed

britain was in chaos yesterday.

i'm not sure if the news made it across the atlantic, but it was nutty here yesterday. train services cancelled, large sections of motorway closed (envision the 401 being shut down for a day), airplanes doin all sorts of crazy stuff, chimneys falling on cars, trees toppling over...you name it and it probably happened.

i suppose that's what happens when there at 99 mph winds in a country that's just not designed for extreme weather. as much as i take the piss out of brits for not being able to deal with a milimetre of snow, i'd never seen wind like this in my life. and i was stupid enough to be wearing a skirt!

you can check out the bbc story and some pictures from around liverpool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was crazy here yesterday. It took me 3.5 hours to go 50 miles on a journey that would normally take less than 1...

But whilst I sit here and moan a member of my staff made a very poignant point; at least I got to my destination eventually; 10 people yesterday did not.

Celtic Witch said...

I did indeed here about the UK weather but that's cos I listen to Radio Scotland. The photos of Liverpool and surrounding area are incredible. I can't believe a roof fell right off the house! Not a good day for umbrellas either!
Be safe!!

lauren said...

don't worry...i'm always safe and usually opt for a toque instead of an umbrella in high winds and rain. it's just more practical.

bring on the frost!

xoxo