11.17.2006

every morning i hear christmas music

it's officially begun.

i finished my christmas shopping, packed up my parcels to canada, starting me knitting, bought my christmas cards, and am working out in my head exactly what christmas goodies i'll be baking.

not to mention that the cafe in the gallery has put up their decorations and they play this god awful christmas music morning, noon and night. could we not get a little of the crooner action in the rotation rather than the constant church choir singing words you can't even decipher?

quiet week and hopefully a quiet weekend. it's getting cold out so it's time to curl up on the sofa under my quilt with a good book and a cup of tea, glass of wine, or dram of whisky. depends on the company or lack there of ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas music so soon? Gosh, they've only been playing it over here since the middle of October. Count yourself lucky.

Your sister-in-law!!

Anonymous said...

I started listening to christmas music the day before yesterday with "River"....and went back to the day I heard it for the first time. Makes me happy every time I hear it. Thankyou for that love.

*muah*

lauren said...

there is this version of river on madeleine peyroux's new album that she does with kd lang. it is the *perfect* lullaby and is absolutely beautiful.

xoxo