2.20.2008

dripping

i've got a cold. it's a sinus cold so my eyes are watering, my nose is dripping and my head is aching. so, dear blog readers you're getting the brunt of my moaning because there is no one here to moan to! don't despair, i have lemons, oj, gingerale, sugar-free cherry halls, my quilt and some olbass oil to hand. there's a selection of dvd's on the shelf and a couple of books to get through so hopefully i won't get too bored.

there is this fabulous thing called the bbc iplayer that allows you to watch television without having a television. well, not all television just the select shows the bbc decides to upload. i just got through watching kd lang in session on bbc four with the orchestra and all playing at st. luke's church in london. she's pretty phenomenal live and i had the pleasure once in montreal, but this was just as good. i'm not sure that folk in canada can download it, but if you can it's worth watching. i love her cover of helpless, always makes me feel like going straight to the cottage.

do you remember that debacle more than a year again that i had with bt over my phone line? after all was said and done they owed me £50, but apparently weren't going to pay me back until a year of my contract had passed. i never really expected that to happen and was rather surprised yesterday when i opened my quarterly statement to discover that they had in fact credited my account. happy days.

when i used to be home sick as a kid, i remember watching television series like anne of green gables or pride and prejudice to pass the time. so anne may need to go on a bit later today, that's sure to stop the dripping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be there with you in spirit as Anne is going on this weekend while your dear brother goes snowmobiling Thurs-Sun. Alas....it will then be time for Avonlea.

SIL