3.01.2007

hair, glorious hair

...or, i really can't decide whether to cut the mop or leave it be. my hair has grown a wee bit past my shoulders and it's the longest it's been in ten years. for some reason, i feel like long hair means i'm grown up although i know it's more of a convention to crop your hair as you get older.

now i'm at the stage where i just don't know what to do. some days i desperately want it short again, but other days i wonder if i'd miss that ponytail that i worked so hard to be able to do. long hair maintenance is hard, especially since mine doesn't know whether it's curly or straight. conditioners, waxes, blow drying...it's all a bit too much if you ask me.

so long or short. any comments welcome.

it's been busy of late, half term holidays meant madness at work, went down to london on monday for a seminar, off to coventry/london/birmingham for a four day weekend on friday night and i'm very excited. when i only have one day off on the weekend - like i did this past one - it makes it feel like i'm in constant need of a holiday.

oooo...but davoud and i did go see back to the future on the *BIG* screen at FACT on saturday morning, which was awesome. chris shotton has now been christened george mcfly.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Save the clock tower, save the clock tower. Oh, hang on, wrong campaign. Save the bangs, save the bangs (doesn't quite have the same ring to it does it?).

I'm torn about the hair, I think we need to do some Photoshop trickery to look at the range of possibilities.

Anonymous said...

Keep it short. Mine is down to my shoulders now too, and i'm chopping it off soon. Before the baby comes, anyhow. Long hair has too many cons; I'm into easiness right now. Perhaps I'll post your picture on the Barbie Magic Hairstyler during quiet time and we'll see what Ian and I can come up with!!

SIL

lauren said...

barbie magic hairstyler??!?!

that beats photoshop *anyday*. yes, please put ian on the case, i'm sure he'll come up with something fabulous ;)

j9 said...

if cutting your hair signals old age I must be ready for the grave.

Anonymous said...

I haven't see it long but I would say keep it long! You can always cut later!

Oh Chris are they being cruel?

lauren said...

we're not being cruel, but if you haven't seen back to the future lately, rent it again and laugh your arse off picturing chris as george mcfly.

hair will remain long for at least another month.

Anonymous said...

Ok. So the verdict was for Barbie Magic Hairstyler.....Ian came up with a curly bob, with blue eyeshadow, star shaped rainbow coloured earrings, heart shaped red glasses, really tacky barrettes, purple lipstick, and yellow blush. He really thought this is how Auntie Lauren should look. I said I'd pass it by you. He said, and I quote, "It's not a major concern, is it?"
And that was with a very sincere look on his face.

SIL and Ian.

Anonymous said...

Please please post the magic barbie! We all need to see it. I must admit the earing dont sound very lauren ;-)

Sof

Anonymous said...

I totally understand about the earrings. But hey....he's a 4 year old, and he was surrounded by three girls under 3 years. It's called peer pressure.

SIL

lauren said...

i suppose it's not a *major* concern as i'm sure ian would be ecstatic if i actually looked that humorous!

have to say the glasses sound very cool and i'm all over tacky barrettes.

thank ian et al for me.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Dear Auntie Lo:
You have gorgeous hair and look great with it long or short... but I say keep it long! You can wear a cute ponytail this summer! I'm jealous because I don't have any hair on top, just a bit of a fringe around the back....
xo Chloe