2.17.2007

thank *god* i left dougie in canada

i'm disturbed. thoroughly disturbed by something i have just discovered. i was innocently flipping through the saturday magazine of the independent when i saw an ad for the "mega sonic scatter cat," which repels nuisance animals using a sonic or ultra sonic frequency. it had a trigger action that targets animals over 20 metres away.

and all this for just 19.99 plus 2.99 shipping and handling.

so i went on the internet to check this company out and discovered a website called deter-a-cat. not only do they sell the mega sonic scatter cat, but they also sell a device that senses cats and shoots out sprays of water. the worst has to be the cat repellent spikes, which are designed to deliver maximum discomfort, but minimum harm. not only is it a family of five that runs this company, but they also will send you a free chocolate bar if they don't respond to your query within 2 hours.

i'm shocked and appalled and glad that dougie is safe and sound in rural quebec with only her fellow wildlife to contend with.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope somebody doesn't import that device to canada!
Pam and Scottie and Moose

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I know you'll hate me for saying this, and I just HAD to after I read that.......where do I sign up for this? That is sooo cool. You know my dad will want one too! LOL
You know I love cats, just as much as you love birds!

SIL

lauren said...

oh dear. i'm not going to get everyone going with this thing and i am certainly not brining you one home for christmas!

i may hate birds, but i wouldn't willingly do them any harm ;)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I don't hate cats but if they are pis**ng and sh**ting in my garden and I can stop them surely there is nought wrong with that. Do they have a model for teenagers?
Sof

Anonymous said...

Sof,

Do you have a problem down under with teenagers pis**ng and sh**ting in your garden?

;)

Anonymous said...

No it would just be fun to watch them punished! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry Lauren I seem to have lowered the tone!