9.23.2005

officially employed

well, that's that. i got the call from the nml today that my references checked out (surprise, surprise!) and they will be sending me the contract details in the post....official title, Administrative Officer, Learning Resources Department.

i still have the 2nd interview in manchester scheduled for tuesday, but i think i will call to cancel. as much as that job would be great, i just cannot spend 3 hrs a day commuting. i weighed up the career vs. life issue as i tend to do at this type of juncture and as usual chose the life. i still need to make friends and have a social life here and as much as that network is growing, i want to be able to go out with my coworkers for a pint after work and not have to worry about taking the train back home. the pay was also a bit less and it would have cost me a pretty penny to make that commute daily.

the nml job will get my feet wet in the uk job market and the contract is up at the end of march so i'll get to start looking again! yippeee! but that's also when most fiscal years end in the uk so also when loads of jobs will be coming up.

so a bit of office attire shopping will be in the cards next week and a lot of sleeping in.

more driving range and games night last evening...and val, i'm shamed to admit that steve and dave convinced me to go to the blue angel yet again...during freshers week no less! remind me not to play drinking games with them again ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!squish all the air out of you {{{{{{{{hug}}}}}}}} I am like.....'OVER THE MOON' HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

Love
asha

j9 said...

yay baby faboo!!!

I think going for Life over Career at this juncture is VERY WISE. You've done nothing but "career" since I've ever known you. And this is still "career" but just at a quieter level. I am very happy for you. And I always knew you would work it all out.

I heart U sugar!!!

Anonymous said...

Once again, Lauren rocks!

Great news to brighten my day.

Love you lots,
Linda