3.02.2009

eighty weighty pages

over the last five weeks apparently my personality and voicebox have changed slightly. karen called me last night - to tell me she was coming to visit in april! hooray! - and didn't recognise my voice. so it's a good thing that my dissertation is almost finished. i could hand it in tomorrow if i really wanted to, but i'm just waiting on a second read and a little bit of feedback.

i've packed all of my papers away in a box, reorganised my one shelving unit in the house, and put away the hats and mitts from the hallway that have been stacked up on shoes for the last four months. it looks positively spring like out there. and hey, we might actually get to use our dining room table this week.

in the end, i probably will have written over 25,000 when all of the drafts and re-drafts are taken into consideration, but the final document will max out at eighty weighty pages. today i get to go pick out a nice presentation folder perhaps the most fun bit of this whole process. although visiting newcastle to do interviews was pretty nice too.

i can now leave the land of the funnel people and come back to the normal side of life. still two more projects to complete for my masters, but i have the feeling they are going to seem positively easy after this.

i'm really looking forward to this weekend. we're going to the pub straight after work on friday to celebrate and then who nows what the rest of the weekend will bring. ideas about hiking in wales, baking bread or watching movies all day have been floated, but we'll see how the mood strikes us.

anyway, a mass apology to all of those i haven't been in touch with recently and a very big thank you to everyone who supported me along the way. especially that very first week in february.

No comments: