7.01.2008

happy canada day? not really...

i woke up this morning feeling great. i had wonderful plans to wear red and white, my canadian maple leaf pin *all* day at work, listen to canadian music on my iPod and at work. when i got home i was going to throw on my roots canada t-shirt, toronto maple leaf socks and listen to the cbc.

it's not been going well lately. i'm too busy at work, struggling with the concept of a dissertation and wondering if i can do it alongside my coursework once school starts again in september, and arguing with my last letting agent which is over 30 days in returning my deposit of £500 to me and are generally a bunch of useless idiots. yes, that's right...$1000 canadian.

so admittedly i came home today feeling slightly morose and defeated. but i'm still listening to my canadian music, still wearing my canadian wardrobe because if i was back home...i'd be off work today!!! and as val texted me this morning, we should have the day off no matter what.

davoud had secured free tickets to the canada rocks gig in london that kathleen edwards was headlining, but we couldn't go...work got in the way. so this is my official cyber petition that all canadians living abroad should be given canada day off. it's my birth right, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If they put that proposition to the electorate then I'll vote for it ;)