9.21.2007

my queen umbrella

about a month ago amidst the many rainfalls of summer i invested in a dome umbrella. one that covers virtually the entire top half of my body and is perfect for keeping me as dry as possible. it's clear plastic so i can see straight through it at any oncoming golf umbrellas taking up the sidewalk/pavement with only one person underneath (one of my personal pet peeves). there is a black trim around the bottom and the handle is shiny black plastic; quite classy really.

i like the fact that my umbrella is only big enough for one. i rarely walk down the street with anyone else - sad i know - so i feel like bubble boy when i'm parading around with my pretty parasol.

when i told my mum about this brolly, she exclaimed "you have an umbrella just like the queen?" well yes, i suppose i do. except i'm still not quite sure how the queen discerns facial features through it as she greets her well wishers because i probably wouldn't recognise my nearest and dearest coming towards me on the street walking around with this thing.

but it does make rainy days like this one so much more tolerable.

and appropriate that i'm using my queen umbrella on the day of a *minor* royal visit to the gallery. the duke of kent will be visiting us this afternoon, so i had to iron my clothes. i knew my grandma taught me how to curtsy all those years ago for a reason.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess now you'll have to show Brooke, Aspen, and Amy how to curtsy!

SIL