8.14.2007

one person's garbage...

...is my treasure for today.

i was walking from bebington station to the gallery this morning (just a short 2 minute jaunt) and was literally outside the gallery when i looked down to the ground. now, garbage around the gallery usually does catch my eye because it's so rarely seen, but this was a little different.

it was a empty coca-cola can marked with what appeared to be $5 off, not £5 off like i would expect to see. so naturally i picked it up to discover that this empty can wouldn't give me £5 off at alton towers, but $5 off at la ronde! i never went to la ronde when i was living in montreal so maybe this piece of trash was trying to tell me something: i should go to montreal before it expires on 28 october 2007 and ride the rides at la ronde.

weird. very weird, almost on the edge of bizarre...but there it now sits on the corner of my desk until i try to come up with some explanation beyond some crappy french canadian tourist who's left their trash outside the gallery. i mean c'mon, it's gotta have more meaning than that ;)

2 comments:

j9 said...

awesome! show me!!!!

lauren said...

threw it out. made me too upset ;)

xoxo