4.02.2007

week 2

i can't wait to move back home whenever i'm here.

went to see my grandma and grandpa gould on tuesday and meet up with my dad and christine...then spent four blissful days at the cottage being totally spoiled. it's one of those things you don't really appreciate until you start doing the grocery shopping and planning the meals, but it was such a luxury not to have to think about what to make for lunch or dinner, having coffee in the morning, tea made after lunch, beers opened for you, floors cleaned...the list is endless! friday night we went out in style with some extremely tasty dinner, drool worthy wine, and great scotch. as our neighbour jimmy at the cottage said, "it's like drinking a campfire."

after a bit of a tumultuous drive, we met darryl on the road and parted ways - i went to peterborough with my hoser brother and my dad and christine headed to goderich via london, ont. so i've been hanging here for the past few days playing with my nephew brian when he hasn't been too fussy - a bit of a cold - and trying to help out melissa - who is due to give birth to amy on may 8th and has been struck by the flu.

back to markham for a couple nights and then onto to see my grandma goodwin for a few days. ever since i made her some potato soup when i was home in october, she's asked me to make some more to put in the freezer for dreary days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey "loo-loo"!

I just wanted to say thank you for all your help over the past couple days. I don't know what I would have done without you, especially on Monday! You're a fantastic SIL! Brian is feeling a bit better today, still quite tired and moody; very fun, as you saw! I'm not much better than yesterday so hopefully tomorrow will be better. Hope you had fun at IKEA!!!!!
Chat soon.

Love, SIL.

lauren said...

well, seem to have come down with a bit of your guys bug myself! i spent all day in bed yesterday, but managed to shower today so should be going to see grandma tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Brian is on the mend, finally, and I'm still down and out. I'm taking tomorrow off, as well as Monday and Wednesday of next week. Olivia has gotten it as well, and hasn't been to daycare the past two days, so hopefully we'll all be absolutely fine by next week. I'm so sorry that you have contacted it. It's not a fun bug and seems to take it's time leaving. I do hope you feel better soon.

SIL